Ready to Use Melt & Pour Soap Base
This beautiful Shea Butter Soap Base is very versatile and can be used with many colours and fragrances.
Excellent fluffy stable lather
1. Melt and Pour soap is already reasonably soft, so it doesn’t take long to melt, either in a microwave or over a double boiler on the stove. (Remember if you do not have access to a double boiler then a large saucepan part filled with water with a smaller pot resting on some forks in the bottom of the larger pot will suffice).
2. Colour is to be added at this stage – We have a great range in our Soap Making Catalogue
3. During this step the scent is added. Both Essential and Fragrant Oils can be used according to preference. The ratio can vary according to the potency of the oils and the desired end product (the essential oils being the strongest). We recommend that you try about 1 tablespoon per 500g of melt and pour soap.
4. At this stage you can customise your soap with various additives. We recommend you experiment with carrier oils(such as almond), you can add up to 5%, or raw materials such as Aloe vera, vitamin E, crushed plant material or ground pumice stone, you can add up to 2%. – let your imagination run wild
5. Pour your mixture into a mould (moulds can be as simple as a tupperware container or jelly mold or you can purchase moulds from our Soap Making Catalogue) and leave to set.
6. Once your soap has hardened it is ready to use and enjoy!