This recipe works wonderfully on all hair types, leaving the hair feeling soft and looking healthy and shiny. You can use this maybe once a week or more often during the summer, as hair often needs repairing after being out in the hot sun all day.
Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon shea butter
1 teaspoon argan oil
A few drops of an essential oil (lavender, rosemary and geranium are said to be great in stimulating hair growth)
- 1. Melt the coconut oil and shea butter using the double boiler method or in a glass dish in the microwave to form a liquid.
- 2. Once its slightly cooled add in the argan oil (if using an essential oil add this now)
- 3. Using a hand mixer, whip together for roughly 5 mins.
- 4. Comb the mixture through clean, dry hair and leave in for 30mins.
- 5. Rinse and wash hair as normal.