Ingredients: Moroccan Lava Clay
Name/s: Ghassoul, Rhassoul, Moroccan Red Clay
Appearance: Fine, silky, pale grey powder with a hint of pink-brown
Odour: Earthy with a hint of fresh wood
Solubility: Not soluble – use in suspension
Description: A delightfully unique and luxuriant superfine clay powder which is nutrient dense and rich in minerals
such as Silica, Magnesium, Calcium, etc. It is highly esteemed around the world in exclusive professional spas for the cleansing, nourishing, exfoliating
and rejuvenating properties.
Ghassoul comes from the Arabic word “ghassala”, meaning “to wash”. When moistened with water, or floral water, the
feel on the skin is smooth and almost lubricating whilst also exfoliating and drawing. It feels almost as if soap has been applied, but without foaming
– the perfect way to cleanse the face, body, or even hair, without soap or chemical surfactants.
- High mineral content – especially silica which is known to help tone the skin and
- High absorption ratio – superior detoxifying and drawing.
- Excellent Ion Exchange Ratio – to further facilitate cleansing and deodorizing action.
- Gentle and softening to the skin, including sensitive.
- Highly efficient at absorbing excess oils from the skin and scalp.
General Properties: Abrasive [superfine]; Absorbent; Anticaking Agent; Bulking Agent; Opacifying Agent.
Colour Cosmetics Additive: Blushers [all types]; Eyeliners; Eyebrow pencils; Face powders; Lipsticks; Rouges; Powders [Dusting and Talcum, excluding
aftershave talcs]; Foundations; Makeup bases; Makeup fixatives; Mascara.
Skin and Hair Care Preparations: Paste masks [Mud packs]; Hair powder [Dry shampoo]; Shampoos [Non-colouring]; and other Hair grooming aids; Bath preparations; Body and Hand preparations [Excluding shaving preparations]; Hair preparations [non-colouring]; Hair conditioners; Cleansing products [Cold creams, cleansing lotions]; Manicuring preparations; Men’s Talcum.