Vitamin B5 as it is known is one of the most popular vitamins used in the cosmetic industry. It is easily incorporated into cosmetic products and is a
product that can be used as an ingredient in skin care, hair care and nail care products as a conditioning agent.
In skin care it acts to help restore the skins moisturising properties, in hair care it is used to help soothe split ends and damaged hair and in
nail products it is used to help increase the strength and flexibility of the nails.
Appearance: Colourless to slightly yellow coloured viscous liquid
Viscosity: Very thick
Solubility: Water soluble
- It increases and improves the humidity properties of the skin making dry skin more soft and elastic.
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory and helps soothe irritated skin.
- It helps the healing of the skin through encouraging the growth of new epithelial cells
- It moisturises the hair.
- It reduces the formation of split ends.
- It improves the condition of damaged hair.
- It thickens the hair and gives it more shine.
- Dry/mature skin
- Skin grazes
- Shaving sores
- Split ends
- Thin and brittle hair
- Dull looking hair
- Water based creams and lotions
- Hair strengthening lotions
- Hair softeners
- Hair sprays
- Cuticle preparations
*Use up to 0.5-1% in botanical skincare bases.