- Botanical Name: Sesamum indicum
- Description: Sesame Oil is rich in vitamins E and B, and in minerals such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. It is an excellent
emollient, and if used in dilution with other carrier oils, is a popular massage and aromatherapy carrier oil. It will not satin sheets.
- Color: Light Yellow
- Aromatic Description: Sesame has a very distinct seed aroma. It has the potential of overpowering other scents.
- Common Uses: Sesame Oil is popular in cosmetics as a natural moisturizer. Similarly, it is a good choice for massage therapists
and aromatherapists alike.
- Consistency: Sesame is slightly thicker then Typical Carrier Oils.
- Absorption: Sesame oil will not stain sheets, but does leave an oily residue.
- Shelf life: Sesame oil is slow to go rancid; users can expect a shelf life of 6 Months to 1 Year with proper storage conditions
(cool, out of direct sunlight). Refrigeration after opening is recommended.
Cautions: Should be avoided by individuals with nut allergies.